October 7

For the 2nd time in two days careless smoking is to

Two fires in two days in Hamilton’s East end were caused by careless smoking. The Hamilton Fire Department says a woman on the 6th floor of 221 Melvin Avenue noticed her couch was on fire around 5 o’clock this morning. She moved it to the balcony but the wind blew the smoke back into the building throughout the floors. Firefighters were able to extinguish the couch before the fire spread. Nearly 100 people from the apartment building were asked to leave the building and they stood in the cold for 45 minutes. A few people, mainly seniors, were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.  Kate Carnegie will have a full report on fire safety tonight on the Evening News at 6.


Tags: , , , , ,
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.

Posted October 7, 2019 by admin in category "hfeibmhsxykp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *