read also:Lampard aims to cap Chelsea comeback with FA Cup glory This year’s final will kick off at 17:30 BST on Saturday. The final is dedicated to raising mental health awareness, with several themed events before kick-off. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthInsane Japanese Tech That Make You Wish You Lived In JapanDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?The Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs Loading… Winners of Saturday’s FA Cup final between Arsenal and Chelsea will collect the trophy on the Wembley pitch without a presentation party, to minimise the risk of spreading coronavirus. The winning team traditionally lifts the trophy in the stadium’s Royal Box. The match is being played without fans because of concerns over Covid-19.Advertisement
By Richard MartinBARCELONA, Spain (Reuters) – Spain’s public prosecutor has called for Barcelona soccer player Neymar to be sent to prison for two years for his part in a corruption case over his transfer from Brazilian club Santos to the Liga champions in 2013, said a court filing yesterday.Judge Jose Perals also called for a five-year sentence for former Barca president Sandro Rosell and a fine of 8.4 million euros ($8.9 million) for the club, but called for charges against current president Josep Maria Bartomeu to be dropped.The case stems from a complaint by a Brazilian investment group, DIS, which owned 40 percent of Brazil forward Neymar’s transfer rights and which alleges it received less money than it was entitled to, as Barca concealed the real transfer fee.Altamiro Bezerra, CEO of Neymar’s company, told Reuters they were “very relaxed” because there was “nothing new”.“… It (the case) had been filed away, and now the Public Ministry has to present new reasons to show why it is asking for it to be reopened, and present evidence, and then ask for a sentence; this isn’t a new case,” he told Reuters.“The whole process has still to happen. The Public Ministry presents its arguments for reopening the case, the judge can reopen it and will still have to hear the prosecution and the defence. The process is going to drag on.”Barcelona have been engulfed in legal troubles over Neymar’s transfer since 2013. Rosell resigned as the club’s president in 2014 for his role in the affair and testified in court in February alongside Bartomeu, Neymar and Neymar’s father.The club struck a deal with prosecutors in June to settle a separate case and paid a 5.5 million euro ($6.2 million) fine and avoided trial on charges of tax evasion over the transfer.Barca thought they had brought the affair to a close when judge Jose de la Mata archived the case in June, although Spain’s public prosecutor successfully overturned the ruling in September, allowing the case to proceed.At a news conference in Madrid yesterday, Jose Barral, chairman of Sonda, umbrella group for DIS, called for stiffer prison sentences and said Barca should pay compensation while Neymar should be banned from playing during the trial.