October 20

7 deadly sins

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

September 29

Werner Hertzog to leave Berne pension fund in October

first_imgWerner HertzogNo successor has been nominated for Hertzog yet.“This still has time as we are in a very quiet phase and no exceptional leadership decisions have to be made,” Hertzog said.BPK improves investment return year-on-yearThe year Hertzog joined the public pension fund – which is among Switzerland’s top 15 biggest pension funds in IPE’s Top 1000 ranking – BPK reported a performance of 2.4%, compared to a market average of around 3.4%. However, it still beat its own benchmark.Last year, the fund underweighted equities but still managed to generate an 8.2% return, beating the market average for 2017 of just under 8%.According to the BPK’s annual report, the performance was down to strong results from its real estate allocation and stock selection in equities and domestic bonds.It added the 2017 asset allocation had been “a cautious tactical weighting of the markets”.The fund started the first quarter of 2018 with a loss of 1.8%, in line with the general market trend.At the end of 2017 the funding level of the BPK stood at 92.8%. The scheme does not have to be fully funded given the guarantee it has from the canton of Berne. The Bernische Pensionskasse (BPK) is to recruit a new managing director with Werner Hertzog set to leave after less than two years in the role, IPE has learned.Hertzog confirmed via email that he will leave the CHF13.4bn (€11.6bn) pension fund for the Swiss canton of Berne at the end of October .He did not give any reasons, saying only that he will be “focusing on other tasks”.Hertzog was previously managing director at Aon Switzerland between 2011 and 2014, and before that led the country’s largest pension fund, Publica, for seven years. After taking a personal sabbatical in 2015, he joined the BPK in December 2016. last_img read more

September 21

Clichy signs new City deal

first_img The left-back, who moved north from Arsenal in July 2011, has committed his future to City until 2017. “I’m really happy to have agreed a new deal with city and I’m already looking forward to next season,” Clichy told the club’s official website. “Things didn’t go the way we wanted them to this year but we’ll come back stronger next season and learn from this experience.” Gael Clichy has signed a new four-year deal at Manchester City. City are currently without a manager after sacking Roberto Mancini last week, but interim boss Brian Kidd said Clichy would be an asset to whomever came in to replace the Italian. He said: “Gael is a crucial member of this team and we’re all delighted he’s committed his future to Manchester City. We are building a side that will challenge for honours for years to come and to do that, you need top quality players – Gael comfortably fits into the bracket. “Gael is a top professional off the pitch as well as on it and his attitude and conduct is faultless. He is a manager’s dream.” The France international, 27, has made 74 appearances for City and won the Barclays Premier League with them last season. They were comprehensively beaten to the title by city rivals United this term, though, and Clichy is determined to bounce back. “We are just going to keep moving forward and raising the bar,” he said. “We know where we want to be and with the talented players in our squad there is no reason why we can’t achieve our targets. “When I look around me and see the quality players and the plans that are taking shape at Manchester City, I know that I am in the right place.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

December 28

MORE THAN €2M ANNOUNCED FOR FINN VALLEY FLOODING REPAIRS

first_imgCastlefinn floodingA total of €2.2 Million in Storm Damage Funding which has been allocated to the Stranorlar Municpal District.The funding will be used to upgrade the roads network in the area.The news has been welcomed by local County Councillor Gary Doherty. Cllr Doherty said “This funding is extremely welcome as it will be put to good use in upgrading many of the roads in the District which are in a very poor state of repair.“It has long been acknowledged that the roads in the Stranorlar District are the worst in Donegal, and the heavy rain and poor weather conditions that we experienced this past winter have exacerbated the problem, with some of our roads being left in an un-driveable condition.“This much needed funding from the Department will ensure that these roads are returned to safe and normal use and that other projects, such as the replacement of the traffic lights at Castlefinn Bridge and the subsiding footpath between Doneyloop and Clady are completed.“It is important to state that this funding will not fix all of the problems we have with the roads network in this District, but it is nevertheless very welcome and I commend the Council staff who submitted a comprehensive application to the Department.” MORE THAN €2M ANNOUNCED FOR FINN VALLEY FLOODING REPAIRS was last modified: March 31st, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CLLR GARY DOHERTYfinn valleyFLOODINGlast_img read more

December 28

GARDAI SEEK MAN WHO FAILED TO TURN UP IN COURT FOR DEFILEMENT CASE

first_imgA bench warrant has been issued for a man who failed to turn up to answer charges of defilement at Letterkenny Circuit Court.A jury was due to be sworn in for the case which was due to be heard ‘in camera’ or behind closed doors.The man cannot be named for legal reasons. A jury was due to be sworn in in front of Judge John O’Hagan.However the accused failed to tum up to answer the charges and Judge O’Hagan issued a bench warrant for his arrest.GARDAI SEEK MAN WHO FAILED TO TURN UP IN COURT FOR DEFILEMENT CASE was last modified: February 9th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bench warrantLetterkenny Circuit Courtlast_img read more