May 31

DS News Webcast: Friday 3/22/2013

first_img DS News Webcast: Friday 3/22/2013 Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Previous: NAHB: List of Improving Markets Expands to 274 Next: VRM to Engage Local Companies Through New Initiative The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago About Author: DSNews The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Share Save Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Subscribe Related Articles Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago March 22, 2013 602 Views Home / Featured / DS News Webcast: Friday 3/22/2013 Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago in Featured, Media, Webcasts Coverage:- NAR: Existing-Home Sales Improve in February- Quicken to Buy $34B in Mortgage Rights from AllyFor More Information, Check Out Dsnews.com Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago  Print This Post Is Rise in Forbearance Volume Cause for Concern? 2 days ago 2013-03-22 DSNewslast_img read more

May 12

Welsh council wins top public sector award

first_img Previous Article Next Article Innovative health and safety work by Caerphilly County Borough Council hassecured the top award in this year’s Institution of Occupational Safety andHealth public sector awards. The supreme award in the institution’s Zurich Municipal Awards went to SteveMorgan, corporate safety officer at the council for his DVD health and safetyproduct, Hot metal. The Welsh and English presentation is aimed at students studying metalworkand covers areas such as forging, casting and brazing, offering step-by-steppractical guidance. Morgan said: “We are del-ighted as an authority with this award.” Other winners included Malcolm Brown, health and safety adviser with theLondon Borough of Sutton, and Leicestershire County Council safety adviser MalcolmAlldread. Welsh council wins top public sector awardOn 1 Oct 2001 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos.last_img read more

September 21

Everton duo still in United’s sights

first_img “Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting,” said Everton’s director of communications Alan Myers. “The club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in any way.” That both players started Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Norwich underlines the fact neither is in dispute with the Toffees. However, it could easily be argued that the duo would welcome the opportunity of a move to the reigning champions and, having so far failed to reinforce his squad, it would be a major surprise if Moyes backed away so quickly. Indeed, it could be argued the offer was only in line with the first £20million bid made by Chelsea for Wayne Rooney in the middle of last month which the Blues are tipped to increase still further with a third bid before turning their attentions elsewhere. A further move for Fellaini could be anticipated on the strength of Moyes’ assessment earlier in the summer that United do need to bolster their central midfield options. United’s chase for Cesc Fabregas is yet to be abandoned. Realistically though, with the former Arsenal skipper starting Barcelona’s 7-0 rout of Levante on Sunday night, the chances of Fabregas exiting the Nou Camp this month are remote. Fellaini might not have shown Fabregas’ game-changing abilities. At Premier League level though, the Belgian is an effective performer, and with a date for Darren Fletcher’s return to fitness as yet unknown, Moyes currently only has three central midfielders, plus 39-year-old Ryan Giggs, to choose from. United manager David Moyes has been keen to bring both players to Old Trafford following the Scot’s own summer move from Everton. But it is clear he will need to offer substantially more than the respective £12million and £16million for Baines and Fellaini which is believed to have been the split for the offer, which was lodged at the end of last week. The pursuit of Baines is possibly a more puzzling one. Patrice Evra has recovered to something like his old form after a difficult 2011-12 campaign. At 32, he is one of United’s most experienced players and was named captain in Nemanja Vidic’s absence over the past two seasons. The only time in recent memory the Red Devils had two experienced full-backs vying for the same position was 2006-07, when Evra and Gabriel Heinze went head to head. Wes Brown filled in for Gary Neville at right-back the following season but he was more naturally a centre-half. The rest of the time, a younger player has tended to be the stand-in, so if Baines did eventually join United, it would seem obvious for Evra to move on, even if Moyes has previously insisted that would not happen. Manchester United look certain to return with a higher offer after Everton branded their £28million joint bid for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini as “derisory and insulting”. Press Associationlast_img read more