February 11, 2021 Find out more YemenMiddle East – North Africa Reporters Without Borders has written to Yemeni interior minister Mutahar Rashad Al-Masri calling for the immediate release of two brothers, Ali Nasser Kaid Al-Bokheiti and Mohammed Ahmed Hassan Al-Bokheiti, who were arrested on 21 July at a military roadblock with a British freelance journalist for whom they working as fixers.The British journalist was deported the same day. They have been held ever since at the headquarters of the political security police in Sanaa. They have not been taken before a judge, they have not been charged and they have not been allowed to see a lawyer during the month they have been held.“We wrote to one of your predecessors three years ago about the detention of two fixers, Munif and Naif Damesh, who were arrested with two foreign journalists,” Reporters Without Borders said in its letter. “On their return from Sadah, there were held for six weeks at political security headquarters, probably in the same cells that Ali Nasser Kaid Al-Bokheiti and Mohammed Ahmed Hassan Al-Bokheiti have occupied for the past month.”The letter added: “The arrests of the Bokheiti brothers are the latest example of the news blackout that your government is trying to impose on the fighting in northern Yemen. Foreign journalists are only allowed to move about the country with a guide appointed by the information ministry. Those who do not comply with this requirement are sent home and their Yemeni employees are summarily jailed.”The family, which has not received any news about the two brothers, has voiced growing concern to Reporters Without Borders.“We call for the immediate release of Ali and Mohammed because they did not commit any crime,” a member of the family said. “The fact that the authorities have not so far brought any charges against them is evidence of this. We are forbidden to see them, which is against the law. We have learned from indirect contacts that they are accused of helping a foreign journalist go to Sadah. The authorities do not want the public to know about the damage done to the town by the air raids.”The British journalist being accompanied by the Bokheiti brothers had wanted to go to Marib, a place visited by tourists 800 km northeast of the capital. After being arrested at a military roadblock, all three were escorted back to Sanaa and taken to the headquarters of the public security department, where they were interrogated separately. The British journalist was put on a flight to Qatar later that evening. August 20, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Surveillance of foreign press tightened, two fixers held by security services for past month Fixer for foreign reporters held in Aden for past five months Yemeni journalist killed, nine wounded in Aden airport explosions News Help by sharing this information News Organisation February 26, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts January 6, 2021 Find out more YemenMiddle East – North Africa Follow the news on Yemen Reporters Without Borders has written to Yemeni interior minister Mutahar Rashad Al-Masri calling for the immediate release of two brothers, Ali Nasser Kaid Al-Bokheiti and Mohammed Ahmed Hassan Al-Bokheiti, who were arrested on 21 July at a military roadblock with a British freelance journalist for whom they working as fixers. News News United Nations: press freedom situation “deeply worrying” in Yemen, according to RSF RSF_en to go further
Community News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Photo credit: Laura Lee Moser via FacebookA queue formed outside the Tesla Motors Pasadena dealership at 117 West Colorado Blvd. as dedicated fans await the unveiling of the company’s Model 3 electric car – a lower priced sedan that comes at a starting price of $35,000, less than half the cost of Tesla’s previous models.A report on KABC-TV said people have flown in from overseas just to get a chance to deposit $1,000 for a car that may take a year before it becomes available. The report showed people in sleeping bags outside the Pasadena dealership.Tesla is expected to unveil the Model 3 at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, March 31, 2016, at its Los Angeles design studio.The new model is expected to have a range of at least 200 miles when fully charged, about double what drivers get from competing cars in its price range.Tesla did not release details about Model 3 before the unveiling event, but it has opened up reservations although deliveries would only be available by the end of 2017.“When production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east,” a Tesla announcement earlier in March said. “As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. It is not possible to ship to all regions simultaneously because regulators in each part of the world have slightly different production requirements. Staggering deliveries in this way also allows us to provide the best possible customer experience.”Tesla currently sells two electric vehicles – the Model S sedan, which starts at $71,000, and the Model X SUV, which starts around $80,000. CEO Elon Musk has long pursued a dream to come up with a low-priced sedan, saying Tesla planned to build “a wide range of models, including affordably priced family cars” in order to speed the world toward a solar-powered future.An Associated Press report said the Model 3 will be using cheaper batteries that will come from a massive $5 billion factory being built by Tesla and Panasonic Inc. in Nevada. Tesla says the scale of the factory will lower the cost of the car’s battery packs by 30 percent. The company previously assembled battery packs with battery cells made by Panasonic in Japan.The Model 3 is a critical part of the company’s plan to increase sales from around 85,000 this year to 500,000 by 2020, AP said. Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS HerbeautyThe Most Obvious Sign A Guy Likes You Is When He Does ThisHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThese Are 15 Great Style Tips From Asian WomenHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty7 Reasons Why The Lost Kilos Are Regained AgainHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyInstall These Measures To Keep Your Household Safe From Covid19HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Special Massage Techniques That Will Make You Return For MoreHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Ways To Get Into Shape You’ve Never Tried BeforeHerbeautyHerbeauty Subscribe First Heatwave Expected Next Week Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * More Cool Stuff Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Community News Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Make a comment Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Business News Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Top of the News 8 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Business Districts News Lines Await Unveiling of New Tesla Electric Car in Old Pasadena From STAFF REPORTS Published on Thursday, March 31, 2016 | 1:20 pm
Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Pinterest Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Previous articleDonegal Deputy again calls on government to publish small schools reportNext articleAll 5 Garth Brooks gigs planned for Croke Park cancelled News Highland Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week News WhatsApp There is an appeal for witnesses following a robbery at a house in Glen in Inishowen.A sum of money was taken in the incident at around 4am in the early hours of Monday morning.Two men, who may have been involved were seen acting suspiciously on bicycles in the area an hour later – they were wearing high visibility jackets.Cllr Martin Mc Dermott wants to alert the public and advise them to contact Gardai if they have any information that would help with their investigations:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/rawr3.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ Twitter Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Google+ By News Highland – July 8, 2014 LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Appeal for information following Glen house robbery Twitter
Homepage BannerNews Urban realm project to create Cultural District for Letterkenny Facebook Previous articleOpen letter penned over Glenties Main Street ‘neglect’Next articleGardai seize large quantity of stolen goods in Letterkenny News Highland Twitter An urban realm project is set to create a cultural district in Letterkenny.The aim of the project is to bring arts and culture onto the street while also improving Letterkenny’s pedestrian connections in 2020.The new ‘cultural district’ will open up previously underutilised land to connect High Road and Port Road as part of the Irish Architecture Foundation’s Reimagine… project to enhance the local built environment of six towns across Ireland, supported by Creative Ireland.Led by Rathmullan-based Architects Pasparakis Friel, the IAF-commissioned Reimagine Letterkenny project will improve connections between The Donegal County Museum, An Grianan Theatre and The Regional Cultural Centre, with completion of phase one on schedule for May 2020.The architectural studio is working closely with the local community and Donegal County Council to develop a concept which they hope ‘will act as a catalyst for the growth of culture and arts in the wider region’.The local community will have an opportunity to collaborate with the development team and share their views on the project at public consultation workshops to be held at The Regional Cultural Centre in Letterkenny on Wednesday, 18th March, between 7.30pm and 9pm, and on Saturday, 21st March, between 2pm and 4pm. By News Highland – March 6, 2020 Harps come back to win in Waterford RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Twitter Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th WhatsApp Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Google+ WhatsApp Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21
Authorities January 4, 2016 Australian Navy’s Adelaide-Class frigate, HMAS Darwin, has conducted a passage exercise with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army-Navy Escort Task Group 152 off the coast of Queensland, Australia.Darwin departed Sydney on December 30 to assume duties as part of Operation MANITOU, which is the Australian Government’s contribution to the international effort to promote maritime security, stability and prosperity in the Middle East region.The Chinese task group consists of three ships—the Luyang Class destroyer Jinan, (DDG-152), the Jiangkai Class frigate Yiyang (FFG-548), and the Fuchi Class replenishment ship Qindaohu (AOR-886).While transiting to the port of Brisbane, the task force was escorted by Darwin. The transit gave the opportunity for both countries to conduct officer of the watch manoeuvres at sea.The Chinese task group will spend five days in Brisbane from 2 January on a respite visit. The task group is in the final stages of its global deployment and will return to China in early 2016.HMAS Darwin’s rotation in the Middle East is the 62nd deployment of a Royal Australian Navy ship to the region.[mappress mapid=”17570″] HMAS Darwin trains with Chinese PLA Navy View post tag: Royal Australian Navy Back to overview,Home naval-today HMAS Darwin trains with Chinese PLA Navy View post tag: Chinese PLA Navy Share this article
Last night, Dead & Company took to Boston’s TD Garden, kicking off Dead & Company’s two-night run at the TD Garden, with the group performing at the arena once again tonight. Confirming what many fans have been feeling since the Grateful Dead-inspired act’s performance at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, last night’s high-energy performance offered up yet another fine performance that underlines the immense growth of the group since its inception back in 2015. The setlist was well-crafted, perfectly mediating the energy of the crowd from the first song of the night, “Jack Straw”, onwards.Dead & Company Play “Uncle John’s Band” On The Late Show [Video]The first set—though really the entire performance—was chock full of crowd-pleasers, with a jubilant “Jack Straw” and slinky “New Speedway Boogie” dialed in from the get-go. The gorgeous, slower ballad “Althea” came next, serving as a quick respite before the band began to draw the energy back up with “Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo”. Building the energy to finish out the first set, the band shifted gears with their staple cover of Johnny Cash’s “Big River” before the beloved set-closing tunes “Sugaree” and a triumphant “The Music Never Stopped”.“Jack Straw”“Althea”[Video: Sean Roche]“Sugaree”[Video: Sean Roche]As for set two, Dead & Company returned with an opening “Scarlet Begonias”, making for a feel-good start after the break. A classic take on “Fire On The Mountain” came next, with the group again slowing things down for the third song of the set—this time in the form of the mournful “He’s Gone”. Before the show’s “Drums” & “Space”, the band led up to this beloved second staple with “Viola Lee Blues”, again using the lively spirit of the number to contrast with its prior and following numbers.“Scarlet Begonias”Out of “Space”, the band threw a curveball, offering up a cover of Miles Davis’ “Milestones”. Dead & Company debuted the cover earlier this year during their summer tour’s show in Atlanta’s Lakewood Amphitheatre on June 13th—however, the song itself served as the opening track on Jerry Garcia and David Grisman‘s 1998 acoustic jazz album So What and later made its way into The Dead’s and Ratdog’s live rotation. After the “Wharf Rat” moved through “The Wheel”, the group closed out the second set on a high note with a strong rendition of “Sugar Magnolia”. Returning for encore, the band offered up “Ripple” to truly call it a night.“Viola Lee Blues”[Video: Sean Roche]“Milestones” [Video: Sean Roche]Setlist: Dead & Company | TD Garden | Boston, MA | 11/17/17Set One: Jack Straw, New Speedway Boogie, Althea, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo, Big River, Sugaree, The Music Never StoppedSet Two: Scarlet Begonias, Fire On The Mountain, He’s Gone, Viola Lee Blues, Drums, Space, Milestones, Wharf Rat, The Wheel, Sugar MagnoliaEncore: Ripple[Photo: Phierce Photo] [Video: Sean Roche]“Wharf Rat”
The cast includes Scott Shpeley, Gaelan Beatty, Shannon Blanchett, Beth Graham, Ryan Parker and Garett Ross. Related Shows The show originally played at Catalyst Theatre of Edmonton in Canada in 2009 before touring extensively, including an acclaimed run at London’s Barbican Centre. Nevermore was previously seen in New York at the Victory Theatre in 2010. The production has been expanded since then, with several new songs added and structural revisions made to the original script. Nevermore blurs the line between fact and fiction, exploring the events that shaped Poe’s character and career. A literary rock star in his day, Poe struggled with tragedy and addiction, poverty and loss, yet produced some of the world’s most original and enduring literature before dying in mysterious circumstances at the age of 40. Show Closed This production ended its run on March 29, 2015 View Comments Nevermore – The Imaginary Life and Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe Nevermore—The Imaginary Life and Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe officially opens on January 25 off-Broadway. The musical play, which is written, composed and directed by Jonathan Christenson, is running at New World Stages.
Thursday, April 12, 2007Governor Urges Senate to Restore Funding for MentoringInitiativeHouse Cuts Funding for ‘Vermont Mentors!’Program Governor Douglas said the contributions of dedicated mentors make adifference in communities by volunteering time to help meet the needs ofunderserved children. “Across ourstate, many Vermonters have responded to the call of community service bychoosing to mentor a child,” the Governor said. “By offering their friendship, guidance,and encouragement, mentors put hope in children’s hearts, and help ensureopportunities for the future.” The controlling majority of the House chose to cutfunding for the Vermont Mentors! program—first funded in the 2006budget with an appropriation of$250,000—is a partnership between the Agency of Human Services and the PermanentFund for the Well-Being of Vermont Children. The partnership awards mentoring grantsand is increasing the quantity and quality of mentor matches throughout thestate. Montpelier, Vt. – Governor Jim Douglas today said the decision of theHouse to cut funding for a mentoring partnership “makes no sense” and said hewould urge the Senate to restore the funding. Thepartnership’s original goal of using the funding to fund new programs and create250 new mentor matches has been exceeded by 43%, which translates to 358 youngpeople being matched with caring adults across the state, the Governorsaid. A study by Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America and Public/PrivateVentures show that a young person who meets regularly with a mentoris: 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs; 27% less likely to begin drinking alcohol; 52% less likely to skip school; 33% less likely to engage in afight. “At a time when our state is working to reduce crime, combat substanceabuse and be sure the next generation of Vermonters gets off to the bestpossible start, cutting funding for this program makes no sense,” the Governoradded. “There are thousands ofchildren in Vermont who need or want a mentor. Yet at most only 3,000 Vermont youth arein mentoring relationships, while many more children sit on waitinglists.” “Mentors serve as positive role models, and help to set goals, instillimportant values and encourage the development of skills,” the Governoradded. “And they help youngVermonters become more confident and develop the character necessary to make theright choices and accomplish their goals. I look forward to working with theSenate to restore funding for this important program.” “Mentors are friends who support young people who mayface challenging situations,” the Governor said. Statistics show that at-risk children with mentors demonstrate improvedacademic performance and are less likely to be involved in destructiveactivities such as substance abuse and violence. ###